From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1920 - Mamie Smith records "Crazy Blues," a huge success, selling over two million copies.
- 1969 - A day after murdering Sharon Tate and four others, members of Charles Manson's cult kill Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
- 1900 - René Crevel, French writer (d. 1935)
- 1924 - Jean-François Lyotard, French pilosopher (d. 1998)
- 1930 - Fakir Musafar, American modern primitive
- 1934 - James Tenney, American composer (d. 2006)
- 1868 - Adah Isaacs Menken American actress (b. 1835)
- 1948 - Emmy Hennings, German artist (b. 1885)
- 1963 - Estes Kefauver, American moral crusader (b. 1903)
- 2002 - Doris Wishman Unites States filmmaker (d. 1912)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "August 10" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.