From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Mutual; shared by more than one.
- The two competitors have the common aim of winning the championship.
- Winning the championship is an aim common to the two competitors.
- Occurring or happening regularly or frequently; usual.
- It is common to find sharks off this coast.
- Found in large numbers or in a large quantity.
- Sharks are common in these waters.
- Simple, ordinary or vulgar.
- vernacular, referring to the name of a kind of plant or animal, i.e., common name vs. scientific name
- (mutual): mutual, shared
- (usual): normal, ordinary, standard, usual
- (occurring in large numbers or in a large quantity): widespread