From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1504 - Christopher Columbus uses his knowledge of a lunar eclipse that night to convince Native Americans to provide him with supplies.
- 1932 - TIME magazine features eccentric American politician William "Alfalfa" Murray on its cover after Murray stated his intention to run for President of the United States.
- 1792 - Gioacchino Rossini, Italian composer (d. 1868)
- 1908 - Balthus, French-Polish painter (d. 2001)
- 1960 - Khaled, Algerian raï musician
- 1960 - Richard Ramirez, American serial killer
- 1972 - Saul Williams, American rapper, poet, and actor
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "February 29" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.