From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1843 - The first minstrel show premieres in the United States.
- 1956 - Summer with Monika premieres in the United States.
- 1922 - Haskell Wexler, American cinematographer and a filmmaker (Medium Cool)
- 1931 - Rip Torn, American actor
- 1931 - Mamie Van Doren, American actress
- 1932 - François Truffaut, French film director (d. 1984)
- 1945 - Bob Marley, Jamaican musician (d. 1981)
- 1685 - King Charles II of England (b. 1630)
- 1793 - Carlo Goldoni, Italian playwright (b. 1707)
- 1918 - Gustav Klimt, Austrian painter (b. 1862)
- 1963 - Piero Manzoni, Italian artist (Artist's Shit) (b. 1933)
- 1985 - James Hadley Chase, English writer (b. 1906)
- 1989 - Osbourne Ruddock, AKA "King Tubby", Dub pioneer (b. 1941)
- 1994 - Joseph Cotten, American actor (b. 1905)
- 1994 - Jack Kirby, American comic book writer (b. 1917)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "February 6" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.