From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1894 - Precursors of film - W. K. Dickson receives a patent for motion picture film.
- 1927 - First transatlantic telephone call - New York City to London.
- 1899 - Francis Poulenc, French composer (d. 1963)
- 1912 - Charles Addams, American cartoonist (d. 1988)
- 1919 - Robert Duncan, American poet (d. 1988)
- 1938 - Roland Topor, French illustrator (d. 1997)
- 1957 - Nicholson Baker, American novelist
- 1964 - Nicolas Cage, American actor
- 1715 - François Fénelon, French-Catholic theologian and writer (b. 1651)
- 1886 - Richard Dadd, English painter (b. 1817)
- 1943 - Nikola Tesla, Serbian-born inventor and electrical engineer (b. 1856)
- 1967 - David Goodis, American writer (b. 1917)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "January 7" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.