From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1852 - Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin is published.
- 1969 - John Lennon & Yoko Ono marry in Gibraltar
- 2003 - 2003 invasion of Iraq: In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries begin military operations in Iraq.
- 43 BC - Ovid, Roman poet (d. 17)
- 1770 - Friedrich Hölderlin, German writer (d. 1843)
- 1828 - Henrik Ibsen, Norwegian writer (d. 1906)
- 1895 - Fredric Wertham, German-born psychologist (d. 1981)
- 1904 - B. F. Skinner, American psychologist (d. 1990)
- 1936 - Lee "Scratch" Perry, Jamaican singer and producer
- 1943 - Gerard Malanga, American poet and photographer
- 1957 - Spike Lee, American film director
- 1957 - Theresa Russell, American actress
- 1746 - Nicolas de Largillière, French painter (b. 1656)
- 1945 - Lord Alfred Douglas, English writer ("The love that dare not speak its name.") (b. 1870)
- 1964 - Brendan Behan, Irish playwright and author (b. 1923)
- 1968 - Carl Dreyer, Danish film director. (b. 1889)
- 1992 - Georges Delerue, French film composer (b. 1925)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "March 20" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.