From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1787 - Mozart's opera Don Giovanni receives its first performance in Prague.
- 1963 - Italian release of Jean-Luc Godard's New Wave film Le Mépris.
- 1880 - Otto Flake, German writer (biographical study of Sade) (d. 1963)
- 1899 - Akim Tamiroff, Russian actor (d. 1972)
- 1917 - Eddie Constantine, American actor/singer (d. 1993)
- 1930 - Niki de Saint Phalle, French sculptor (d. 2002)
- 1935 - Peter Watkins, English filmmaker
- 1938 - Ralph Bakshi, Israeli cartoonist
- 1947 - Richard Dreyfuss, American actor
- 1969 - Dante Tomaselli Italian-American filmmaker
- 1783 - Jean le Rond d'Alembert, French mathematician (b. 1717)
- 1880 - Johann Nepomuk Geiger, Viennese artist of erotic art (b. 1805)
- 1937 - Elie Faure, French art historian and essayist.(b. 1873 )
- 1981 - Georges Brassens, French singer (b. 1921)
- 1995 - Terry Southern, American screenwriter (b. 1924)
- 1997 - Anton LaVey, American founder of the Church of Satan (b. 1930)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "October 29" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.