From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Popular may refer to:
- An adjective referring to any people or population
- Social status, the quality of being well-liked or well-known
- Popularity, the quality of being well-liked
- The mainstream, the quality of being common, well-received, in demand, widely understood
- Popular culture, popular fiction, popular music. popular science
- Informal usage or custom, as in Popular names, terminology or Nomenclature, as opposed to formal or scientific names, terminology, or nomenclature.
- Frequently used or selected options, such as given names that are popular in the sense that they occur at high frequency in a population.
- Populace, the total population of a certain place
- The Popular Magazine an American literary magazine that ran for 612 issues from November 1903 to October 1931