From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1440 - Gilles de Rais is finally taken into custody .
- 1503 - Michelangelo begins work on his David.
- 1973 - History of disco, "Discotheque Rock '72: Paaaaarty!" published in Rolling Stone magazine.
- 1803 - Grandville, French caricaturist (d. 1847)
- 1874 - Arnold Schoenberg, Austrian-born composer (d. 1951)
- 1874 - Paul Wegener, German film director (d. 1948)
- 1876 - Sherwood Anderson, American writer (d. 1941)
- 1916 - Roald Dahl, British writer (d. 1990)
- 1924 - Maurice Jarre, French composer (d. 2009)
- 1939 - Joel-Peter Witkin, American photographer
- 1944 - Jacqueline Bisset, British actress
- 1945 - Noël Godin, Belgian humorist
- 81 - Titus, Roman emperor (b. 39)
- 1321 - Dante Alighieri, Italian poet (b. 1265). 1514)
- 1592 - Michel de Montaigne, French writer (b. 1533)
- 1598 - Philip II, King of Spain (b. 1526)
- 1872 - Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach, German philosopher (b. 1804)
- 1928 - Italo Svevo, Italian author (b. 1861)
- 1996 - Tupac Shakur, aka 2Pac, American rapper (b. 1971)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 13" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.