From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1808 - Donatien Claude Armand, Chevalier de Sade marries his cousin, Louise-Gabrielle-Laure de Sade.
- 1921 - Simone Kahn marries André Breton.
- 1955 - Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita is published in Paris by Olympia Press.
- 1789 - James Fenimore Cooper, American novelist (d. 1851)
- 1890 - Agatha Christie, English writer (d. 1976)
- 1896 - Kaita Murayama, Japanese author. (d. 1919)
- 1894 - Jean Renoir, French film director (d. 1979)
- 1906 - Jacques Becker, French screenwriter and director (d. 1960)
- 1907 - Fay Wray, Canadian-born American actress (d. 2004)
- 1914 - Adolfo Bioy Casares, Argentine writer (d. 1999)
- 1926 - Shohei Imamura, Japanese film director (d. 2006)
- 1940 - Norman Spinrad, American science fiction author
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 15" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.