From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
In 1974 he moved to Paris, where, he began to produce pencil drawings. At first his main influence was the metaphysical world of De Chirico, but soon his focus shifted to the lower half of the female anatomy...
Hayashi's art comes straight from the darkest depths of his subconscious and the artist lays his innermost paranoias, fetishes and obsessions. Despite this profoundly personal quality his work is also highly and objectively erotic. 
Little is known about Japanese erotic artist Yoshifumi Hayashi.
There is however a film by Walerian Borowczyk (1980, Hyper Auto Erotic Art: Hayashi) on the work of Hayashi, consisting of the a camera panning over the work of Hayashi, accompanied by classical music.
- 1978 Galerie Jaque Casanova, Paris (solo show)
- 1982 Galerie Jaque Casanova, Paris (solo show)
- 1988 Galerie Jaque Casanova, Paris (solo show)
- 1991 Galerie Mirage, Tokyo (solo show)
- 1993 Galerie Mirage, Tokyo (solo show)
- 1994 Galerie Les Larmes d’Eros, Paris (solo show)
- 1996 Striped House Museum of Art, Tokyo (solo show)
- 1997 FIAC, Paris
- 1998 Koju gallery, Kyoto (solo show)
- 1998 Azzlo gallery, Tokyo (solo show)
- 1998 Todd Kaplan, Los Angeles (solo show)
- 2003 "Les Foyers Infinis", Mondo Bizzarro Gallery, Bologna (solo show)
- 2004 Musée de l’Erotisme, Paris (solo show)
- 2004 " Entropie Négative " Mondo Bizzarro Gallery, Roma (solo show)
- 1982 100 Dessins Erotique, Borderie ed., Paris
- 1994 La Jeune Mariée d’un Materialiste Enciente de Cerveaux, Treville editions
- 1995 Traité Secrets échangés entre monsieur y, physiologiste, et un hermaphrodite vaguement séquestré dans le boudoir d’une régente mariée, Treville editions
- 1999 Le Carnaval pour Roméo et Juliiette, Treville editions
- 2003 Les Foyers Infinis, Mondo Bizzarro Press