From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Zhang Yan painted Plum Blossoms in Snow
- Peter Paul Rubens painted The Three Graces.
- Claude Lorrain painted Seaport at Sunset, sometimes referred to as View of a Seaport.
- Jusepe de Ribera (contemporary of Francisco de Zurbarán) painted Martyrdom of Saint Bartholomew, an example for Mannerism and especially the style of Caravaggio's painting influence to be felt in Spain.
- May 8 - Giovanni Battista Gaulli (known as Il Baciccio), Italian painter of High Baroque (d. 1709)
- Caspar Netscher, Dutch portrait and genre works painter (d. 1684)
- José Claudio Antolinez, Spanish painter of the Baroque period (d. 1676)
- Bernardo Racchetti - Italian painter of imaginary vedute (d. 1702)
- Cristoforo Savolini - Italian painter of altarpieces (d. 1677)
- Gian Domenico Valentini - Italian painter of still lifes (d. 1715)
- Antonio Verrio - Italian painter of altarpieces, master gardener, active mainly in England (d. 1707)
- Bernardino Capitelli - Italian painter and etcher of the Baroque period (b. 1589)
- Orazio Gentileschi - Italian Baroque Caravaggisti painter (b. 1563)
- Baldassare d'Anna - Italian painter of the late-Renaissance period (b. 1560)
- Marcello Provenzale - Italian painter and mosaicist (b. 1575)
- Chen Jiru - Chinese landscape painter and calligrapher during the Ming Dynasty (b. 1558)