From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1709)
Art and culture
- The Moloch Idol, with 7 chambers or chapels, 1704, a German illustration of the Moloch
- The Battle of the Books by Jonathan Swift
- A Tale of a Tub by Jonathan Swift
- Arabian Nights (first published in Europe from 1704 to 1715 in French by Antoine Galland, and translated immediately from this edition into English and German).
- De Delictis et Poenis Tractatus Absolutissimus , a criminal codex by Italian Franciscan Sinistrari first published in 1700.
- Italian philosopher Giambattista Vico delivers his inaugural lecture to the University of Naples, later published as his first book, On the Study Methods of Our Time, in 1709.