From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- The inflation of the balloon took five hours.
- An increase in the general level of prices or in the cost of living.
- A decline in the value of money.
- An increase in the quantity of money, leading to a devaluation of existing money.
- Undue expansion or increase, as of academic grades.
In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.
- An act, instance of, or state of expansion or increase in size, especially by injection of a gas.