List of paraphilias
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Used in a sexual context, terms with the -philia suffix refer to conditions in which the person's primary sexual interest involves the stimulus or situation mentioned (the suffix is also used for non-sexual interest in or admiration of a subject). Terms with the -lagnia suffix refer to an action involving the stimulus or situation. For example, someone who is consistently sexually excited by feces would have coprophilia; any sexual act involving feces, even by someone for whom that is not a primary interest, would be coprolagnia.
The following terms mostly represent combinations of Greek or Latin words or roots, but few qualify as clinical paraphilias. Some of the following sexual interests are fairly common, while others are very rare.
- Abasiophilia: love of (or sexual attraction to) people who are lame or crippled and/or who use leg braces or other orthopaedic appliances
- Acousticophilia: sexual arousal from certain sounds
- Agalmatophilia: sexual attraction to statues or mannequins or immobility
- Algolagnia: sexual pleasure from pain
- Amaurophilia: sexual arousal by a partner whom one is unable to see due to artificial means, such as being blindfolded or having sex in total darkness.
- Acrotomophilia and apotemnophilia: sexual attraction to amputation or amputees.
- Andromimetophilia (also gynemimetophilia): sexual attraction towards women dressed as men or who have had a sex change operation
- Aquaphilia: arousal from water and/or in watery environments, including bathtubs and swimming pools
- Aretifism: sexual attraction to people who are without footwear, in contrast to retifism
- Autogynephilia: love of oneself as a woman (see Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence theory for discussion on controversy)
- Autoassassinophilia: sexual arousal from fantasizing about or staging one's own murder
- Biastophilia: sexual arousal from assault and rape.
- Chronophilia: sexual attraction to a partner of a widely differing chronological age.
- Coprophilia: sexual attraction to (or pleasure from) feces. It's strictly related to Fecophilia, sexual arousal from defacation or watching a partner defecate, particularly on oneself.
- Covert incestiphilia: arousal from non-contact sexual behavior with a child.
- Dacryphilia: sexual pleasure in eliciting tears from others or oneself.
- Emetophilia (also vomerophilia): sexual attraction to vomiting.
- Ephebophilia (also hebephilia): sexual attraction towards adolescents.
- Erotic asphyxia: sexual attraction from asphyxia (also called "breath control play" or "strangulation"), including autoerotic asphyxiation.
- Erotic lactation (also galactophilia or lactophilia): sexual attraction to human milk or lactating women
- Exhibitionism (also autagonistophilia or peodeiktophilia): sexual arousal by engaging in sexual behavior in view of third parties (also includes the recurrent urge or behavior to expose one's genitals to an unsuspecting person).
- Food play: sexual arousal from food
- Formicophilia: sexual attraction to smaller animals, insects, etc. crawling on parts of the body
- Forniphilia: sexual objectification in which a person's body is incorporated into a piece of furniture
- Frotteurism: sexual arousal from the recurrent urge or behavior of touching or rubbing against a non-consenting person
- Gerontophilia: sexual attraction towards the elderly
- Homeovestism: sexual arousal by wearing the clothing of one's own gender
- Human animal roleplay: sexual arousal by having oneself or a partner taking on the role of real or imaginary animal
- Hybristophilia: sexual arousal to people who have committed crimes, in particular cruel or outrageous crimes
- Incestophilia: sexual attraction to a member of one's own family
- Katoptronophilia: sexual arousal from having sex in front of mirrors
- Kleptophilia: sexual arousal from stealing things
- Klismaphilia: sexual pleasure from enemas
- Lust murder (also homicidophilia or erotophonophilia): sexual arousal from committing (or trying to commit) murder. It also appear to be strictly related with others similar paraphilias like sexual sadism, necrophilia, vorarephilia and Blood fetish.
- Macrophilia: sexual attraction to giants, giantessess or giant body parts (such as breasts and genitalia)—the opposite of microphilia
- Masochism: the recurrent urge or behavior of wanting to be humiliated, beaten, bound, or otherwise made to suffer
- Microphilia: sexual attraction to miniature people or miniature body parts—the opposite of macrophilia
- Mysophilia: sexual attraction to soiled, dirty, foul or decaying materials
- Narratophilia: sexual arousal in the use of dirty or obscene words to a partner
- Necrophilia: sexual attraction to corpses. It includes necrosadism, sexual gratification derived by mutilating and dismembering corpses.
- Odaxelagnia: sexual arousal associated with biting or being bitten.
- Olfactophilia: sexual stimulus with smells or odors. (see also Jock sniffing).
- Paraphilic infantilism: sexual pleasure from dressing, acting, or being treated as a baby.
- Parthenophilia: sexual attraction to virgins
- Pedophilia: sexual attraction to prepubescent children (British spelling: paedophilia). It includes Nepiophilia (also infantophilia), sexual attraction to children three years old or younger.
- Pictophilia: sexual attraction to pictorial pornography or erotic art
- Plushophilia: sexual attraction to stuffed animals and/or people dressed in animal costumes
- Pyrophilia: sexual arousal through watching, setting, hearing, talking or fantasizing about fire
- Racial fetish - attraction to someone of a different colour
- Sadism: deriving pleasure, or in some cases sexual arousal from giving pain
- Salirophila: sexual arousal by soiling (only the appearance of) the object of one's desired partner
- Sitophilia: sexual arousal by involving food in sex
- Somnophilia: sexual arousal from sleeping or unconscious people. It appears to be related to necrophilia.
- Sthenolagnia: sexual arousal from the demonstration of strength or muscles
- Telephone scatologia: being sexually aroused by making obscene phone calls to strangers
- Teratophilia: sexual attraction to deformed or monstrous people
- Transvestic fetishism: sexual arousal from the wearing of clothes typically associated with the opposite gender to the wearer.
- Trichophilia: sexual arousal from hair
- Troilism: sharing a sexual partner with another person while looking on
- Urolagnia: sexual attraction to urine, including urinating in public, urinating on others, and being urinated on by others; it includes Urophagia: sexual attraction to drinking urine or watching others drink urine.
- Vorarephilia (also gynophagia): sexual attraction at the thought of being eaten by or eating another person or creature. It includes endosomataphillia—a sexual fetish of being within someone (a sub-genre is partial unbirthing—a sexual attraction to inserting an adult head into a vagina).
- Voyeurism: sexual arousal through secretly watching others having sex (also includes scoptophilia—the recurrent urge or behavior to observe an unsuspecting person who is naked, disrobing or engaging in sexual activities (see Peeping Tom)
- Xenophily: sexual attraction to foreigners (in science fiction, it can also mean sexual attraction to aliens)
- Zelophilia: sexual arousal from jealousy
- Zoophilia: sexual attraction to animals
- Zoosadism: sexual gratification derived from causing pain and suffering to animals. Necrozoophilia (also necrobestiality) strictly applies to killing animals.
Fetishes and partialisms
- Anesthesia fetishism
- Blood fetishism (also haematophilia)
- Breast fetishism
- Breast expansion fetishism
- Crush fetish
- Diaper fetishism
- Doll fetish
- Fat fetishism (also lipophilia)
- Foot fetishism (podophilia)
- Garment fetishism
- Hand fetishism
- Impregnation fetish
- Medical fetishism
- Navel fetishism
- Nose fetishism (also nasophilia)
- Panty fetishism
- Pregnancy fetishism
- Robot fetishism
- Shoe fetishism
- Silk/Satin fetishism
- Smoking fetishism (Capnolagnia)
- Spandex fetishism
- Tickling fetishism (also acarophilia)
- Tongue fetishism
- Total enclosure fetishism
- Transformation fetish -
- Wet and messy fetishism: sexual arousal by having substances deliberately and generously applied to the naked skin, or to the clothes people are wearing
- Nyotaimori: sexual arousal by eating sashimi or sushi from the body of a (usually naked) woman
- Omorashi: sexual arousal to one's or a partner's feeling of having a full bladder
- Tamakeri: sexual arousal from having a male kicked in the groin by a woman
- Wakamezake: sexual arousal by drinking alcohol from a woman's body.
Paraphilias of questionable legality
- Exhibitionism and voyeurism: sexual pleasure by exposing oneself or by being peeped on
- Frotteurism: sexual arousal through rubbing oneself against an unknowing stranger in public
- Hebophilia: sexual attraction to adolescents (those who are no longer children, but have not completed puberty)
- Lust murder: sexual arousal from committing (or trying to commit) murder
- Necrophilia: sexual attraction to corpses
- Pedophilia: sexual attraction to peripubescent or pre-pubescent minors
- Zoosadism: sexual attraction to torturing or killing animals
- Zoophilia: sexual attraction to animals