From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- A sequence of states representing an encoded message in a communication channel.
- Any variation of a quantity or change in an entity over time that conveys information upon detection.
- A sign made to give notice of some occurrence, command, or danger, or to indicate the start of a concerted action.
- An on-off light, semaphore, or other device used to give an indication to another person.
- An electromagnetic action, normally a voltage that is a function of time, that conveys the information of the radio or TV program or of communication with another party.
- An action, change or process done to convey information and thus reduce uncertainty.
- A token; an indication; a foreshadowing; a sign.
- Useful information, as opposed to noise.
- A simple interprocess communication used to notify a process or thread of an occurrence.
- A signalling interaction between cells
- Current loop – a signaling system in widespread use for process control
- Impulse function
- Signal noise
- Signal to noise ratio
- Signal processing
- Signal strength
- Image processing