From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Abdominal obesity, also known as belly fat, pot belly or clinically as central obesity, is excessive abdominal fat around the stomach and abdomen. It can also occur in both children and teenagers if either of their parents have Abdominal obesity. There is a strong correlation between central obesity and cardiovascular disease.
- Bariatrics, the branch of medicine that deals with the causes, prevention, and treatment of obesity
- Gros Ventre
- Lipoatrophy, the term describing the localized loss of fat tissue
- Lipodystrophy, a medical condition characterized by abnormal or degenerative conditions of the body's adipose tissue.
- Sagittal Abdominal Diameter (SAD), a measure of Visceral Obesity
- Steatosis, also called fatty change, fatty degeneration or adipose degeneration