From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 325 - Council of Nicea convened by Emperor Constantine.
- 1790 - Sade meets Marie-Constance Quesnet. Their relationship will last the rest of Sade's life.
- 1744 - Johann Gottfried Herder, German writer (d. 1803)
- 1885 - Georg Wilhelm Pabst, Austrian film director (d. 1967)
- 1891 - Alberto Savinio, Italian writer and painter (d. 1952)
- 1903 - Simone Mareuil, French actress (An Andalusian Dog) (d. 1954)
- 1924 - Yasuzo Masumura, Japanese film director. (b. 1986)
- 1928 - Piero Simondo, Italian artist
- 1930 - Sean Connery, Scottish actor
- 1932 - Gérard Lebovici, French patron to Guy Debord. (d. 1984)
- 1949 - Martin Amis, English novelist
- 1958 - Tim Burton, American film director
- 1970 - Claudia Schiffer, German model
- 1776 - David Hume, Scottish philosopher and historian (b. 1711)
- 1797 - Jean-Baptiste Louvet de Couvrai, French writer (Adventures of the Chevalier de Faublas) (b. 1760)
- 1792 - Jacques Cazotte, French writer (b. 1719)
- 1900 - Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher (b. 1844)
- 1904 - Henri Fantin-Latour, French painter (b. 1836)
- 1956 - Alfred Kinsey, American research biologist (b. 1894)
- 1984 - Truman Capote, American author (b. 1924)
- 2000 - Jack Nitzsche, American record producer (b. 1937)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "August 25" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.